• Welcome to The Structural Exam Forum!
  • Please feel free to explore the various threads
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduce yourself here!
Hi There,

I'm David and I am a structural engineer with approx. 16 years experience. My background is buildings, commercial and institutional mainly. I have also done some industrial/mining structures and transmission structures in the hydroelectric industry.

I am a licensed professional engineer with APEGBC in Canada and a chartered engineer with the institution of engineers of Ireland. I have recently sat the IStructE CM examination in January. Looking forward to sharing my experiences and discussing technical/engineering topics here on the forums.
Hello all,

My name is Mark and I work in 132kV substation design across the northwest of the UK. I've sent in my application to sit at the ICE MPR reviews in Spring 2017. I've used this website and found it helpful before but only just realised that there has been a forum available so I'm very much looking forward to seeing what I can learn and hopefully pass on to any other members.

Thanks!
Mark
(28-01-2017, 01:07 PM)mark8406@hotmail.com Wrote: Hello all,

My name is Mark and I work in 132kV substation design across the northwest of the UK. I've sent in my application to sit at the ICE MPR reviews in Spring 2017. I've used this website and found it helpful before but only just realised that there has been a forum available so I'm very much looking forward to seeing what I can learn and hopefully pass on to any other members.

Thanks!
Mark

Welcome Mark, and good luck with the MPR!
Hello all,

I'm Kenneth & working as a bridge engineer. Planning for CEng review with ICE Jan 18 & in process of getting attributes signed off. Glad I found this website as it's helped so far.
Hello everyone
I am Qahtan
I am a structural engineer, with masters in structural engineering and currently doing PhD in the mentioned field. I have experience in concrete and steel structural analysis and design, I have just become a member of ICE and willing to write about the attributes. I am really facing problems on how Huh to write the report. I appreciate any help guys.

Thanks
Qahtan
(08-02-2017, 03:03 AM)qahtan.hasan Wrote: Hello everyone
I am Qahtan
I am a structural engineer, with masters in structural engineering and currently doing PhD in the mentioned field. I have experience in concrete and steel structural analysis and design, I have just become a member of ICE and willing to write about the attributes. I am really facing problems on how Huh to write the report. I appreciate any help guys.

Thanks
Qahtan

Welcome Qahtan!

Your question isn't really that specific so I don't think any of us can help you (yet). Please post in the relevant ICE threads if you need advice on something in your report.
Hi everyone, I'm Joshua. I'm working in Hong Kong as a Structural Engineer. I would like to sit for istructe examination next year.
(12-02-2017, 02:31 PM)Joshua_Siu1989 Wrote: Hi everyone, I'm Joshua. I'm working in Hong Kong as a Structural Engineer. I would like to sit for istructe examination next year.

Hi Joshua - Hopefully you can learn a great deal from us!
Hi,
I'm David I am already MICE CEng and enjoy mentoring graduates. Here to learn to be a better mentor and help out.
Cheers!
(20-02-2017, 11:18 AM)uaeciv Wrote: Hi,
I'm David I am already MICE CEng and enjoy mentoring graduates. Here to learn to be a better mentor and help out.
Cheers!

Welcome David, and I admire your enthusiasm in striving to be a better mentor - your trainees are very lucky to have you!